- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- Postings to the Take11 blog, forum, and other user pages are generally open to the public. Use of obscenities, profanity, and ad hominem remarks are not allowed and will not be tolerated. You may disagree without being disagreeable.
- Creation of more than one account per household is discouraged and creation of multiple accounts to avoid user fees is not allowed. Please email Tricia before creating more than one account.
- Collections containing erotica and other kinds of adult content are welcome; however, such collections must be marked "private" so that records and images can be viewed only by the owners. Users impose this restriction on the Preferences page.
- Users may not use the Take11 blog, forum, and other user pages to post advertisements, promotional material, commercials, political tracts, and the like.
- Users may not take actions that intentionally interrupt normal operation of Take11 computers or that otherwise interfere with our ability to provide reliable service to our customers.
- User-created content, such as reviews and written opinions, belong to the creator. Under U.S. laws, such works are protected by copyright immediately on publication, and the owners of Take11 will not use such content without permission from the owner. However, U. S. copyright law also contains a "fair-use clause" that allows use of short excerpts (we interpret this as less than 25 words), which we may use to help advertise and promote the site.
- Neither the users nor owners of this site may post material (including words and images) that is owned by others and protected by copyright. Before posting such material, you must obtain permission from the holder of the rights.
- While user-created material remains the property of individual users, aggregate data which Take11 administrators create by performing numerical and statistical analyses on the entire database (or large subsets of it) are the sole property of the owners of Take11. Examples of such aggregate data include, but are not limited to, recommendations, ratings, popularity profiles, correlations, viewing habits, and ownership trends.
- Users who choose to withhold payment of user fees will retain access to their collections, but they will not be able to add to their collections until outstanding fees are paid.
- Offenders of these terms forfeit their rights to use the site and their access may be blocked.
- If you have any questions about these kinds of issues, email Jim.
Version 1.0 09 Sep 08
Version 1.1 20 Jan 09
- You are not required to provide any personal information to use this site in the "test" mode, which allows you to catalog up to 100 items without charge or obligation.
- However, at the time you create a user name and password, we urge you to enter an email address on your Profile page. This will enable us to contact you if a business need should arise. For example, if you need a new password, we can only provide one if you have already given us an email address. If you choose to enter an email address on the Profile page, you can block it so it is not visible to others who might visit your collection.
- We will not use your email address for solicitations nor will we give or sell your email address to others.
- When you purchase a membership with Take11, the transaction is handled directly by PayPal. None of your financial information is ever seen by or stored on Take11 computers. During the transaction, you will be asked to provide an email address to PayPal, and that address will be passed back to Take11 computers so that we can contact you if any problems occur during the transaction.
- We do not promote our business by engaging in any spam activities.
- Any personal information you enter onto this site, such as on the Profile page or in the blog, is done at your discretion. We take reasonable precautions to protect that information; for example, it is stored in databases that are separated from the website. However, we cannot guarantee that such information is safe from hackers, black hats, viruses, and the like.